For over 20 years, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series has made running fun by infusing each course with live bands, cheer teams and more. In 2018, we are resetting our focus to deliver best-in-class running events where music is core and our community encourages participants to feel like they are something bigger than themselves.
We are improving from start to finish. Watch this video and check out some of the ways we promise to improve below.
Music is a core part of our DNA. In 2018, we bringing you more music every step of the way:
- Music every mile: From mile markers that literally rock and mark each mile on your journey to the finish line—to live bands, DJ’s, Drum Lines, and more—we’ll bring the beats to help you celebrate moments along the way.
- Pacers With Music: You have a goal, and we have pacers to help get you there! And this year they will be running with music to help keep you rocking the whole way.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Curated Playlists: Search Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series on Spotify or click here for playlists customized by BPM. You can train all year long and get excited for what you’ll hear on race day!
Check out this photo gallery of the NEW and IMPROVED music experience from Arizona, New Orleans, and Washington, DC.
Better Runner Support
We are a running series by runners, and in 2018 we are refocusing on delivering best-in-class running events for runners of all levels. Here are a few of the things we have improved for a better running experience:
- New, illuminated starting corral markers for a better start line experience
- Improved visibility pacer signs
- Additional SIS Gel Aid Stations for marathon and half marathon participants
- Improved visibility mile markers
- More porto-potties at the Start Line and on-course
- New bib-tag timing technology
- New mobile app with improved participant tracking
- More support during and post-race for marathoners including: bananas on course and post-race marathoners zone
Check out this photo gallery of the NEW and IMPROVED runner support experience from Arizona, New Orleans, and Washington, DC.
More Community Engagement
Our community is made up of more than just runners. It includes the cities that host us, the volunteers that make the day possible, the friends & family who come out to support you, our partners, and of course the neighborhoods that let us run through their streets. In 2018, we are doing more to support the community, as they support us:
- Spectator grandstand viewing zone at select Finish Lines
- Streaming video from the marathon and half marathon courses to a Finish Line Big Screen and online for those who can’t be there (not available in all markets)
- Spectator tips for best viewing locations on course
- More events throughout the weekend for all to participate in!
Check out this photo gallery of the new and improved community and spectator experience from Arizona, New Orleans, and DC.